Tuesday, November 1, 2016

AP Lit: Literary Solutions Design Challenge Single Point Rubric Q1

AP Lit Fall 2016: Literary Solutions Single Point Rubric

How might we uncover the problems character’s face, the thematic challenges the creator’s want readers to consider, or the societal struggles evident in the text?  And how might we prototype solutions to those problem, challenges, and/or struggles?

Finally, how might such solutions demonstrate a rich understanding of the source text?

Creative Constraints:  
  • Your prototype must be visible and shareable, but it does not need to be physical
  • You must document your process (Discovery (Research/Problem Finding), Empathy (User Needs), Experiments (Brainstorming/Ideating/), Products
  • You must submit a written or recorded explanation of the intentions behind your prototype.
  • You must use explicit text evidence for meaningful effect in your prototype and/or within your intention explanations
Criteria
Evidence of Exceeding the Standard (clever, insightful, unique, powerful, creative, meaningful, professional)
What Meeting the Standard Looks Like
Evidence of Needs for Improvement (gaps, missing pieces or evidence, incomplete thoughts)
Literary Solution Prototype
(MEDIA)

I like how your prototype presents an effective solution to the identified problem.  I like how every aspect of your prototype seems purposeful. I like how I only have to ask minimal questions to understand your solutions.



Design Process Documentation
(MEDIA)

I like how your design documentation shows that you have identified a problem, considered the users needs, explored several solutions, and worked up a prototype. I like how you organized your photos/video/notes/sketches in a way that it is easy to see your thinking.

Literary Evidence
(READING)

I like how your prototype and/or intention explanations integrate meaningful text evidence that demonstrates complete understanding of the text in question.  I like how the text evidence seems vital to the project rather than a fill-in-the-blank to meet criteria.  I like how the literary evidence speaks to core themes, character, language, style and/or structure of the text.  

Written
Intention Explanations
(WRITING)
(OPTION A)

I like how your details are specific and make it clear to me what you intended with your prototype.  I like how well organized your writing appears and how it seems to show your voice.  I like how I get a strong sense of how your prototype will solve the problem.

Vocal
Intention
Explanations
(SPEAKING)
(OPTION B)

I like how articulate your explanations come across because your details are specific and you make it clear to me what you intended with your prototype.  I like clearly you speak with a deliberate pace. I like how I get a strong sense of how your prototype will solve the problem.

Mechanics, Usage, Grammar, Spelling
(MUGS)

I like how your work is nearly error free in terms of MUGS.  There may be one or two minor errors but you generally show control of your writing.

Timeliness
(HABITS of WORK)

The final product is turned in within 24 hours of the agreed upon due date.




No comments: